Breaking News
Loading...
8 Jan 2014

Guinness Book: My 7-year struggle almost becoming a reality – Bash Ali

Abuja – Cruiserweight boxer Bash Ali on Tuesday in Abuja said his seven years of struggle to enter his name in the Guinness Book of World Records was almost becoming a reality.
The boxer expressed this excitement after the Minister of Sports, Bolaji Abdullahi, inaugurated the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the Bash Ali Guinness Book of World Records Title Fight Project.
Ali had since 2006 been appealing to the Federal Government to stage the fight.
Bash Ali guns for Guinness Book of World Records Title Fight Project
Bash Ali guns for Guinness Book of World Records Title Fight Project
He had said the fight would take him and his country Nigeria into the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest boxer to feature in a world title fight.
“I feel great. My struggle for seven years has come to reality.
“Sometimes, a disappointment can be a blessing in disguise. Because, if I had fought seven years ago, it is possible that somebody by now may have broken the record.
“So, I will be fighting at the age of 58, which means in this century or in the next, whoever that will have to break the record must be at least 60 years.
“But, I am not happy about the delay,’’ Ali said.
He also assured that he would defeat his opponent, adding that his opponent was no match.
“I am reassuring Nigerians that on the day of the fight, Bash Ali will shock the boxing world.
“I will beat my opponent like a bad child, because I am old enough to be his father,’’ the boxer said.
Bash Ali will take on Rick Camlin, a 32-year-old International Boxing Union (IBU) champion.(NAN)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2013 theAphiz All Right Reserved
Powered by MP3RECHARGE and Designed by LEJAROY